About Me

My photo
Damascus, Oregon, United States
I absolutely love anything that plugs in! My iPhone may just be an extension of my body. Networking, business, Christ, serving the community, husbandry, fatherhood, friends, and my amazing family are all that keep me ticking!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Mole

Now I come from a long line of green-thumbed men.  Hard labor, or any labor for that matter has never been something that I could bring myself to do with an eager disposition.  This summer I've been empowered to show the other men in my family that it's not just my mouth I can run, but my lawn mower is a force to be reckoned with as well!

Through a careful process of weed-and-feed, the perfect amount of water, 16-16-16 fertilizer, and the guidance of the yard master (dad), I have reached darn near the perfect shade of deep green grass in our yard.  I did this in less than three weeks to boot!  Then I spent the next few days tweeting, talking, and sending pictures of my perfect lawn to those I know.

Today I went to mow my oh-so perfect, dark green, lushness and an ugly little talpidae had something else in mind.  Yes, I have my first mole.  Moles are typically subterranean mammals who don't need much fresh air at all.  Apparently this pint-sized demon got turned around and poked his head out of my perfect yard twice...then another three times!  So for all to see, I am exposing my imperfect yard in hopes that a great amount of sympathy may dress my wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment