About Me

My photo
Damascus, Oregon, United States
I absolutely love anything that plugs in! My iPhone may just be an extension of my body. Networking, business, Christ, serving the community, husbandry, fatherhood, friends, and my amazing family are all that keep me ticking!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Using a Mac in a Windows Environment

Ok I did it. I went against all who do business (other than graphic design and music) and purchased a Mac. Not only did I make this leap some months ago, I pitched all that is Microsoft in my home. Those of you who know me and what I do in business may be asking, "How are you doing this?" Well, with the incorporation of Intel processors in Macs these days, it is virtually effortless to use Windows on a Mac. And no, I'm not just talking about running the parallels application. I
Taking about running a full blown virtual desktop that sits within my beautiful Mac GUII. I run ShoreTel Call Manager and all those pesky MS dependent apps that won't be caught dead on a Mac! Granted, I'm doing this with a Citrix back end and tons of engineering time behind it. But in today's market, it's becoming more and more feasible to deploy this type of environment.


-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment